News forum

Monday, November 21, 2016

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, November 21, 2016
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 21 November 2016, 8:50 PM

Important Dates and/or Reminders:

• Last day for the book fair is Tuesday (tomorrow).
  • Lochside Trail walk is on Wednesday, weather permitting. Feel free to join us by signing up here.
  • Report cards will be sent to you either on December 1st or 2nd. I will be completing report cards through FreshGrade where you will be able to view, save it as a pdf to your computer, or print it. If you would prefer I am able to print it off at the school and send home a paper copy. Please let me know if this is your preference by Monday.
  • I will be away again this Friday attending the First Nations Education Steering Committee conference in Vancouver and will be sharing a project I worked on in our school district. I am excited for this opportunity but will miss being in the classroom with the students. I try not to be away too often but sometimes everything happens around the same time. Ms. Afford will be our 'guest teacher' on Friday.

Spelling

• Lesson 11 focuses the long /e/ sound. It can be spelled many ways: e, ea, ee, ie, and y. We will study these patterns this week.

Reading Studio

• This week during our studio I am meeting with each student to reflect on this past term and their goals.
Writing Studio

• We will be continuing to write our rough drafts and good copies of our persuasive letters.

Gym

• We have finished our soccer tournament and will be having a week of wide games in the gym.

Numeracy

• We are finishing up adding 3 and 4 digit numbers and will move on to subtraction next.

Social Studies/Science

• This week we will be taking our body system research and gathering with others in our group to share and display our learning.