News forum

Monday, November 28, 2016

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, November 28, 2016
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 28 November 2016, 7:29 PM

Important Dates and/or Reminders:

• Report cards will be sent out via FreshGrade on or before Friday. If you wish a paper copy, please let me know ASAP.
  • We have space in the computer lab in the morning for Reflex Math. If your child could use some extra practice, our lab is open at 8:00am every morning and is supervised by an EA. Let me know if your child would like to use this time to practice their facts and I can put their name on the list.
  • Lochside Trail walk is on Wednesday, weather permitting. Feel free to join us by signing up here.

Spelling

• Lesson 12 is a Review Week. No new words this week.

Reading Studio

• This week we are writing down ideas we have about our reading. Today we wrote down a thought about where we are in the story mountain. Later this week we will practice writing questions, connections, interesting facts, etc.
Writing Studio

• Most students have finished their elf persuasive letters and are moving on to their body system letter. They will follow the same format we practiced with their elf letters to persuade the Human Body Corporation to not fire their body system.

Gym

• We continue with wide games for P.E. this week.

Numeracy

• We are focusing on strategies used to solve 3 and 4 digit subtraction this week.

Social Studies/Science

• The body system posters are looking great! We are putting our last finishing touches then putting together a presentation to teach others about our body system. I will video these and hope to put them up on their FreshGrade portfolios.