News forum

Monday, June 6, 2016

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, June 6, 2016
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 6 June 2016, 11:45 AM

Upcoming Dates / Reminders:

• Thank you, families, who sent in objects for our Antique Roadshow. It was a great way for our youngest students to participate in Lochside's 50+ anniversary celebration.
  • The Saanich Police will be here tomorrow Tuesday, June 7th for our annual bike safety rodeo. All are invited to participate by bringing your bike (with or without training wheels) or your scooter and don't forget your helmet! My class will be parking their wheels outside our classroom by our outside class door. Signs will be posted. The wheels will be left there all day until our turn for the bike rodeo. You can pick up the wheels from the same drop off location at the end of the day. The children will be invited to do a short obstacle track with the police and they will also do safety check to make sure their helmet is on and fitting properly.
  • The Ocean Discovery Centre field trip is on Wednesday. Thank you to those who have let me know that you can drive. Please be at the classroom by 11:30am. We will return to Lochside by 2:45pm. Parents: please send your child dressed for the weather with good shoes that can get wet as we will be on the beach for part of the program. Also, don't forget to send in your booster seat, labelled with your child's name, please!
  • Our last Book Exchange of the year is on Thursday. 
  • Read Around the Room is on Friday. Parents and guest welcome.
  • Our year end all day field trip with all of our Kindergarten friends will be happening on Thursday, June 16th at Island View Beach. Save the date and plan to join us! (A permission form went home on Friday---I was away so let me know if you did not receive one) Also we have used up our field trip funds and need to charge $3.25 for this field trip to cover the cost of the lifeguards and the bus. This was indicated on the permission form but I noticed many forms came in without the money. You can send in the money in a sealed, labelled envelope later. Let me know if you have any questions about the cost.

Classroom News:

• This week our sign-in is going to continue to focus on our last names. 
  • We are moving on from 2D shapes and today started to talk about 3D shapes.
  • We are continuing kick ball this week in gym. We will play some warm-up games, play some introductory kick ball games, and begin to learn the rules of kick ball.