Lochside is now registered in the Thrifty Foods SMILE Card Fundraising Program. This is a program where you pre-load a smile card and then spend it on groceries. It costs you nothing but a portion of each purchase goes to our fundraising account. This year, our target is to raise $2500 and we have allocated those funds to go to buying new classroom sets of books for grades with an identified need. Thanks to Robbyn B. for organizing the Smile Card program.
- If you have your card from last year, please start using it right away!
- If you are a new Lochside family, you will automatically be receiving a new card soon.
- If you have lost your old card, they will be available soon at the front office (date info will be posted).
The Retirement Tea for Mrs Hawley and Mrs Keeb is this Thursday at 3:00pm; please review the email you received last week for all the important details! If you have any questions, or have some time to help with set-up (1:15pm) or clean up, please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Big thanks to Stephanie for organizing.
Help Fill the House Food Bank Drive: From December 2nd - 13th Lochside School is holding its 2nd Annual Food Bank Drive. Thrifty Food's paper bags are coming home in student's backpacks with a flyer outlining preferred food bank items. Also, please have your child colour the gingerbread man colouring sheet and return to the front office to decorate our giant gingerbread house. Thank you for your assistance in fostering a caring school community. Thank you to Heather C. & Scarlet Y. for organizing.
This Friday is the deadline to order for the last Fun Lunch of 2013, scheduled for Dec 13th! Please consider ordering all of your Fun Lunches for the remainder of the year to simplify the administration and also help last minute forgetful parents! Go to https://lochside.hotlunches.net/admin/ to order. If you can help out your child’s class for Fun Lunch, let your Class Rep know. Thank you to Tin K. for all her hard work with Fun Lunch.
The Holiday Book Shop is this week! Please send up to $2.00 maximum with your child on Tuesday as all classes will have allotted times either Tuesday or Wednesday to attend the Book Shop. After school Wednesday until 3:30pm, the Book Shop will be open to anyone to buy books and then all remaining books will be donated. Thank you to Tanna M., Allison H., & Allison S. for organizing the Book Shop.
- LEPAC Movie Night: December 13th: Playing the Polar Express
- Lochside Lizard T-Shirt Sale: December 5th and December 12th 2:30-3:30pm
- See attached poster for details of these events
Reminders for the Week:
- Monday Dec 2nd: Help Fill the House Food Bank Drive begins
- Tuesday Dec 3rd: Holiday Book Shop
- Wed Dec 4th: Holiday Book Shop
- Thurs Dec 5th: Retirement Tea for Mrs Hawley & Mrs Keeb; 3:00-5pm & Lochside Lizard T-Shirt Sale 2:30-3:30pm
- Fri Dec 6th: Last day to order Fun Lunch & Popcorn Day (Thank you to Mary B & Dianne B for popping All the popcorn!)