PAC News

Weekly Update: Sunday, June 30, 2024

Picture of Lochside PAC
Weekly Update: Sunday, June 30, 2024
by Lochside PAC - Sunday, 30 June 2024, 3:55 PM

Hi, Lochside!  Summer is here and I hope it is a joy for you. Please check out a few special updates/reminders below: 

1) *Correction* Message from our LEPAC Co-Presidents

Correction: We sent out a special email on Thursday and have a correction regarding school supplies bulk order cost for K/1.
 We mentioned $35; but this year, the price is $45. 

We apologize for the error! The updated message is below:

Dear Lochside Parents and Caregivers,

We would like to send a huge thank you to our wonderful community for another successful year at Lochside! We wish you all a very happy summer and best of luck to those who are leaving the school to start new adventures – Huge congratulations to our Grade 5s.

LEPAC is looking forward already to the 2024/25 school year. A couple of things we would like you to look out for are:

1. Pre-made school packages through Monk’s are now available for students in Grades 2 to 5. Enter School Code 33770C to order. If your child will be going into Kindergarten or Grade 1, the teachers would prefer that you send $45 at the beginning of the school year and they will do a bulk order. Deadline is July 24th.  

Please also see: the school supply list for grades 2/3 and school supply list for grades 4/5

2. LEPAC will be building our own website over the summer! This means we will no longer be sending out our Weekly Updates in the same way as we have been. Please keep a look out on our Facebook page “Lochside Elementary Parents Page” or in communications from the School to find out how best to keep up-to-date with LEPAC news!

Thank you again for another great year and please, consider coming to our LEPAC meetings starting back up on September 10th at 6:30pm. A large number of our Executive will be retiring after next year and we will need new parents and caregivers to carry on the important work! All of your voices are so important and help make Lochside the amazing community that it is.

Wishing you and your families all the best!

Anya and Eva, LEPAC Co-Presidents

2) *S.PAM Alert*  Message from the Principal 

In case you missed it:

"I was just made aware that there is a spam email going around with my name asking for you to share your phone number as I would like to have a conversation with you. This is SPAM. Please do not respond to this email.

Sorry about this."

Helena

3) *Free Events Downtown*  Summer at Ship Point (July 1 and All Summer)

Message from our Communications Coordinator:

Hi!

Are you going to be around this summer? Looking for some free events and activities to attend that are family-friendly? 

I wanted to share that I am the Site Host for the new Summers at Ship Point outdoor venue here in Victoria, located down on Wharf Street). 

I'll be hosting the site most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from July 2-September 19.  I am also broadcasting my bi-weekly, UK-based radio show on Wednesdays throughout the summer. 

Please review the following documents/website for more information:

• Summer at Ship Point Official Press release and image/site map with July 2024 schedule (see attached PDF)

• https://victoria.ca/ourDWTN (Review the "Summer at Ship Point: June 11-September 19" drop down menu under Spring/Summer 2024)

• The family-friendly space is free to use, with lawn games, to wellness classes and concerts.  Food trucks and our beer garden are paid. 

• Make sure to pick up a Summer at Ship Point stamp card from the Site Host (that's me!) and collect stamps during your visits to enter to win an OUR DWTN gift card or prize pack.  

Hope to see you out sometime!

P.S.: I am also one of the Busking Jurors, helping the City with an initiative to elevate and support Buskers.  I recently spent two days being wowed by about 50 local musical and non-musical performers, bands and artists (including some incredible youth!) 

Monday, July 1 at Ship Point is a Busker Showcase, from 11am to 3pm.  Free for all to attend! Parking is also free in the City that day. smile

~Tera Greene, LEPAC Communications Coordinator

[Ongoing Fundraisers]

• Country Grocer - Save your receipts and bring to school!
  • Mabel’s Labels - Order personalised labels, loose less stuff 
  • Bottle Depot - Mention Lochside Elementary PAC at return centres or use our blue bin (Note: our bin is temporarily offsite as of May 2024)

[Upcoming Dates]

Please view our newly updated interactive calendar for dates and details* or see below for some dates:

• September 3 - School Starts

• September 10th - LEPAC meetings starting back up at 6:30pm

[Please LIKE our FB page!]

We want to make sure you stay connected... smile Here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/LochsidePAC

Enjoy the summer! We'll be in touch periodically with updates and any offerings that pop up that you should know about.  smile