News forum

Friday, May 29, 2020

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Friday, May 29, 2020
by Sherisse Norris - Friday, 29 May 2020, 3:38 PM

Hello Div.18 families! Here are your Friday updates. Please see the previous post with important information about our partial return to class that was posted on Wednesday. I look forward to reconnecting with many students in person next week!

• No MS Teams class chats next week. We will start these up again the following week once we’ve had a week to settle in to the new routines and found a schedule that works.

• I will continue to post the weekly learning opportunities on Fridays as well as the blog update here on my teacher page off of Lochside’s website.

• New! I will also post my weekly video to students on FRIDAYS (instead of Mondays) and will post it on Google Classroom. I will be posting one today with a ‘Welcome Back’ video of what to expect for students. Parents do not get notified about these so it will be the students’ responsibility to check their Google Classroom on Fridays. They will also see the learning opportunities posted here as well as the daily read aloud.

• Supplies: Many students do not have scissors - we’ve been sharing them during the year and won’t be able to do so this month. Could you please ask your child if they have scissors (and pencils!) at school, and if not, please bring some from home for the month or pick up a new pair at the store. Also if students have playing cards that can stay in their bin, that would be great too!

• I will continue to post the daily read aloud, but most likely will post at the end of the day. I imagine I will record myself reading it to the class and post that. So some will hear it live when it is their 2 days in class, and the other days they can listen to the audio file off of Google Classroom.

• Reminder that June 5th is a NID. We have included optional learning opportunities for this day if students so choose.

COPY MY MESSAGE, PASTE, AND TRANSLATE IT HERE: https://translate.google.com/