News forum

Friday, May 22, 2020

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Friday, May 22, 2020
by Sherisse Norris - Friday, 22 May 2020, 4:26 PM

Hello Div.18 families! Here are some notes for next week:

• This week during our mini class chats we talked about how to shift worries towards more helpful and balanced thoughts. Check out the information we discussed on Creating a Helpful Mindset. I have not yet planned next week's MS Teams class chats - I am waiting to hear confirmation on some meetings next week at Lochside and hopefully will send out links to class chats by the end of the day on Monday.

• We are gearing up for a partial return to class for June 1st. Our district leaders and school admin along with our health and safety committees have been hard at work making sure everything will be in place for our return. I am expecting information from admin on scheduling with be shared with families by Wednesday next week. I recognize that not everyone will return and that is okay. I will be looking for ways to continue to connect with the class whether we are in the building or at home. Stay tuned for an update from me on what that might look like next Friday. 

• Thank you for completing the district survey this week to help the district and school with planning for partial return to class. If you haven’t yet, it is important that you do so now on our school district’s website - even if you plan to keep your child(ren) home.

Remember to check out Google Classroom for a daily read aloud audio file from Ms. Norris. Finally don’t forget to check the announcements in FreshGrade on Monday for a video update from me next week! If your child is interested in creating their own videos, I have been using the free apps TC Studio and Clips.

COPY MY MESSAGE, PASTE, AND TRANSLATE IT HERE: https://translate.google.com/