News forum

Friday, May 15, 2020

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Friday, May 15, 2020
by Sherisse Norris - Friday, 15 May 2020, 2:02 PM

Hello families ~ Happy Victoria Day long weekend! I hope you are all able to enjoy some rest and relaxation together this weekend. Next week is a shorter week with the holiday. Our learning opportunities also look different this week. Our intermediate teaching team thought a change from the usual and a camp-themed week might be fun. Enjoy the activities! Please note the class chats this upcoming week as well as another relaxation sheet from EASE. I will email the class chat links rather than posting them here.

• Whole Class Art Chat on Tuesday, May 19th @ 11am - Bring a piece of paper, a pencil, a sharpie and colouring tools and if you have them.

• Girls Class Chat on Wednesday, May 20th @ 1pm

• Boys Class Chat on Thursday, May 21st @ 11am

• Last week during our mini class chats we practiced a relaxation skill to help us when we have big feelings that may cause us some physical discomfort. Check out the Tense and Relax sheet from Ease. We used the script to tense and relax our hands and arms. Follow the script and practice tensing and relaxing other body parts.

• Some important information came out today regarding a partial return to class. Make sure you fill out the district form before this Tuesday on our school district’s website.

Remember to check out Google Classroom for a daily read aloud audio file from Ms. Norris. Finally don’t forget to check the announcements in FreshGrade for a Tuesday video update from me next week!

COPY MY MESSAGE, PASTE, AND TRANSLATE IT HERE: https://translate.google.com/