News forum

Monday, November 25, 2019

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, November 25, 2019
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 25 November 2019, 6:56 PM

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Trail Walk is on Wednesday this week from 8:50-9:20am. Families are welcome to join us!
  • Grade 4s will be finishing their FSAs this week. They have been working hard!
  • We are planting in our 'Beyond the Fence' area with some volunteers this Thursday from 9:20-9:50am. We would love to have parents join us for this half an hour if you are interested. Also if each student could bring a large piece of cardboard, that would be great!
  • New early dismissal day is set for December 12th. I will be sending a sign-up for meetings times soon. Stay tuned!
  • An invite from FreshGrade went out last week. If you did not see it please let me know and I can resend it. You will be invited to view your child's portfolio. It is an ongoing conversation between the student, their families, and the teacher. You are invited to view the posts, read the feedback (I usually include something they do well and an area to work on), and there is space for you to comment back to the teacher or to your child. Please let me know if you have any questions about FreshGrade. 

What are we working on in class?

• Spelling: This week we continue to look closely at vowel pairs. 
  • Math: We are finishing up number sense this week and will be working on addition and subtraction of larger numbers next.
  • Writing: We have finished our planning for our second story and will be starting our rough draft this week.
  • Gym: We have started our soccer tournament - ask your child which team they are on and their team name!
  • Reading: With Ms. Ammaturo we will be learning about the different types of conflicts in stories.
  • Science: Ms. Ammaturo continues to teach us about matter - solids, liquids, and gas. With Ms. Norris we are learning about the movements of the sun, earth, and moon. This week we are focusing on day/night and the seasons and how these events affect living and non-living things.