News forum

Tuesday, September 17th, 2019

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
by Sherisse Norris - Tuesday, 17 September 2019, 7:17 AM

Hello Parents ~ I will be updating this space every week, usually on Mondays, with some important dates and reminders as well as a brief note about topics we are studying in class. This is to keep you up to date with the happenings in our class and if you ever have some knowledge/wisdom to share that connects with what we're studying, we'd love to have you in as a guest! Don't forget to hit subscribe so this update gets emailed to you directly every week.

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Thank you parents for sending in the many notices signed. Trail walk and FreshGrade forms went home in the package I sent yesterday.
  • We are still waiting for some of our students to bring indoor shoes to wear in the classroom and gym. Please have these at school in the next couple of days. It really helps with this wet weather.
  • No Trail Walk this Wednesday. Hopefully our forms will be back for next week. 
  • Mrs. Babcook has updated Reflex to reflect the new classes. This is a great tool to help practice basic math facts.
  • Our Open House BBQ is this Thursday. We'd love to see many of our families from 5:00-7:00 pm.
  • We have our first non-instructional day coming up on Monday, September 23, 2019. Teachers only in session. I am excited to be joining colleagues in our district to focus on Indigenous Education.
  • Early dismissal days are coming up on September 25th and 26th for teachers and families to meet. Students will be dismissed at 1:48pm on these 2 days. If you are interested in meeting with Ms. Norris, please see the sign-up schedule here.
  • Photo Day is coming to Lochside September 27, 2019.