News forum

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
by Sherisse Norris - Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 9:25 AM

What a week! Here we are on our third snow day on an already shortened week for students. I hope families have had some time to rest, relax, and have some fun in the snow together of course!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Students are invited to bring Valentines for the class if they so choose. I sent home a class list with students on Friday but will post another here for those who were away. If you are looking for something to do today, have your child design a container to collect their Valentines and transport them home in. Here is a planning sheet they could fill out to help with their design. Bring them in tomorrow to collect their Valentines!

I will adjust our Matchbox sharing dates from this week. We will continue next week. Please check here to see the new dates.

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Non-Instructional Day for students is this Friday, February 15th. I am excited to be working on some collaborations for our school and district with a focus on technology and Indigenous Education.
  • No school on Monday, February 18th - Family Day!

Fingers-crossed that the roads, sidewalks, and parking lots are cleared and safe for our schools to open for all tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of the snow adventures!

I wanted to add that if you are looking for some online learning opportunities for the kids today, you can have them sign in to their google account and go to our google classroom. There are a number of links there for them to choose from, including:

• Reflex Math
  • Prodigy Math
  • Typing.com

They can also access their Fantasy stories that they have been working on in their google drive if they'd like to write some more or go back and edit and revise what they've written so far.

We have been writing their usernames and passwords in their agendas if they have forgotten their logins for some of the sites. Remember to login into google, their email address is their student number followed by @students.sd63.bc.ca (for example, 123456@students.sd63.bc.ca) and the password is the one they made up in September.

-Sherisse