News forum

Friday, June 15, 2018

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Friday, June 15, 2018
by Sherisse Norris - Friday, 15 June 2018, 2:15 PM

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Bike Trip in this Monday, June 18th! We will be leaving Lochside at 10:30am and will be returning before the end of the day. I sent out an email to parent helpers yesterday. Thank you so much! This trip wouldn't be possible without you. On Monday students need to bring their bike (check tires), helmet, and backpack with their lunch, water bottles (maybe 2---it's going to be hot!), sunscreen, and $5 for ice cream (I have the $5 that some students sent in with the permission form). We are still looking for someone to drive along the trip in case we need someone to head back in the car. If you are willing and available, let me know.
  • Trail Walk on Wednesday.
  • Fun Day on Thursday morning! The Lochside slide will be open. Please send bathing suit, towels, sunscreen, hats, and a change of clothes/shoes.
  • Lochside's Talent Show will be happening in the afternoons on Thursday and Friday this upcoming week. The schedules have been posted on walls around the school.

Final Week Events:

• Monday, June 25th will be our celebration Coding Quest arcade at Lochside. More info to come on the time. Parents will be invited! We are busy finishing up coding our games and will be putting together our poster presentation next week. Thanks to those who have sent in their tri-folds. Please have them at school by Tuesday to work on this upcoming week.
  • Tuesday, June 26th we have our service assembly at 9:00am with the Lochside tradition of the Grade 5 luncheon following from 11am-noon in the courtyard.
  • Wednesday, June 27th our intermediates will be heading to Commonwealth Pool for an afternoon swim. Permission forms will be going home next week.
  • Thursday, June 28th is our final assembly and final day sad..........9:00am is the assembly and Grade 5 farewell. Parents are welcome to sign-out their students after the assembly on this day. Please just give me a heads up so we can say our goodbyes to everyone before.
  • I am preparing report cards on FreshGrade but I will be printing them off and sending them home in the traditional envelope along with some extras like info on summer reading programs from the library and an IMAX pass as well. They will be going home on the final day.