News forum

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
by Sherisse Norris - Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 1:53 PM

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• We had a successful, fun, and HOT day together celebrating the end of a great year. Thank you, parents, for your support with getting the bikes checked over and sent to school. Special thanks to the many parents and grandparents who joined us on the trip yesterday. You were an incredible support by helping us cross roads safely, helping adjust our seats, pump our tires, and enjoy a great ride together. Thank you so much!
  • Trail Walk on Wednesday.
  • Fun Day on Thursday morning! The Lochside slide will be open. Please send bathing suit, towels, sunscreen, hats, and a change of clothes/shoes.
  • Lochside's Talent Show will be happening in the afternoons on Thursday and Friday this upcoming week. The schedules have been posted on walls around the school.

Final Week Events:

• Monday, June 25th will be our celebration Coding Quest arcade at Lochside. Parents are invited to join us in the afternoon to come play our games and see our poster board presentation. We will have the arcade open between 12:15-2:45pm. This week we are working hard to finish up coding our games and putting together our poster presentation.
  • Tuesday, June 26th we have our service assembly at 9:00am with the Lochside tradition of the Grade 5 luncheon following from 11am-noon in the courtyard.
  • Wednesday, June 27th our intermediates will be heading to Commonwealth Pool for an afternoon swim. Permission forms will be going home today.
  • Thursday, June 28th is our final assembly and final day sad..........9:00am is the assembly and Grade 5 farewell. Parents are welcome to sign-out their students after the assembly on this day. Please just give me a heads up so we can say our goodbyes to everyone before.
  • I am preparing report cards on FreshGrade but I will be printing them off and sending them home in the traditional envelope along with some extras like info on summer reading programs from the library and an IMAX pass as well. They will be going home on the final day.