News forum

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
by Sherisse Norris - Tuesday, 10 October 2017, 8:29 PM

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Trail Walk is tomorrow (Wednesday). Parents are welcome to join us. You can let me know by signing up here or just show up Wednesday morning!
  • I will be sending parents an invite to FreshGrade. You will receive a link by email to sign up and choose a password. You can read more about FreshGrade for Parents here. Once you have created you password, you can download the free app for parents for your smart device or sign in from the FreshGrade site here. I will be posted 3-4 times a month. Students will be posting occasionally as well as commenting on posts. Parents are encouraged to comment on posts. It is a conversation between the parents, the teacher, and the student. You will only be able to view your child's portfolio.

Spelling: Unit 6 is a Review Week due to the shortened week. No new spelling words. We will be working on reviewing previous lessons.

Reading Studio: This week we will finish up our genre study with some genre challenges---we will preview a book and see if we can decide which genre it is.

Writing Studio: Our first published writing piece is due this Friday. Your child may bring homework home if they need to finish it by Friday. After they finish, they will conference with Miss Norris to go over their strengths and area of focus in writing for the next assignment.

Math Studio: We finished our first checklist this week and will start to look at rounding numbers.

Gym: This week we continue our soccer skills with goal tending, shooting, tackling (defense), and game play.

Computers: We  continue our conversation on being a responsible digital citizen while we work through our digital passport. We will also have a session in the Learning Commons with Ms. Sundher to learn about the tool Read&Write and how it can support our learning.

Science: We will continue our unit on solids, liquids, and gases by exploring what makes a solid, liquid, and gas and how they can change from one phase to another.