News forum

Monday, March 13, 2017

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, March 13, 2017
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 13 March 2017, 4:21 PM

Important Dates and/or Reminders:

• Thank you parents for coming to the Open House last Thursday. It was wonderful to see the students proudly share their work with their families.
  • Also thank you to the parents who helped out on our skating field trip today. We had a lot of fun!
  • Tomorrow Kelly will be here to pick up the Climate Change: Cool It Challenges. Please have these in by tomorrow.
  • We will be having Lochside Trail walk this week on Wednesday morning. Feel free to sign up here.
  • You will be getting a notification by email from FreshGrade when the report card is ready from this term. You can view it online or print it off as a pdf to view a paper copy.
  • Friday is our last day before spring break. I will be sending home all of the indoor shoes over the break so the class gets a full clean and so parents can check and see if the size still works. Please return the indoor shoes on our first day back, Monday, April 3rd.
  • We have space in the computer lab in the morning for Reflex Math. If your child could use some extra practice, our lab is open at 8:00am every morning and is supervised by an EA. Let me know if your child would like to use this time to practice their facts and I can put their name on the list. 

Spelling

• No spelling this week. We will resume after spring break.

Reading/Writing Studio

• It is our last week to finish our tic-tac-toe forms in Writing Studio.
  • In Reading Studio we will be looking at the books we have been reading and take a tally of the genres we most enjoy.

Math

• This week we finish up looking at long and short division.

Social Studies

• This week we will look at First Nations government.

Gym

• Games Week continues!

Personal & Social Responsibility

• In our FRIENDS books this week, we will look at learning to feel confident and brave by
    • noticing our body signs when we are feeling nervous or scared
    • learning strategies to relax
    • learning how to feel happy and good
    • helping others to feel good