News forum

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
by Sherisse Norris - Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 4:36 PM

Important Dates and/or Reminders:

• We are starting our LAST week of our "Cool It" challenge. Remember to keep track of activities you have tried. The challenge ends Tuesday, March 14th. Please return the package on Monday, March 13th or Tuesday at the latest. Kelly will be visiting us again on the Tuesday to collect the forms.
  • Tomorrow (Tuesday) is Voyageur Day at Lochside. Students and staff are invited to join us in wearing toques, plaid shirts, and maybe even a beard!
  • No Lochside Trail walk this week due to our special French Cultural activities this week. Feel free to sign up for next week here.
  • Early dismissal is on Thursday. Students will be dismissed at 1:48pm. We will be hosting a student-led 'Open House.' Families are invited to come in between 2-5pm with your child. Students will be leading the way in sharing their learning, their successes, areas of progress, etc. I will be in the room and available for any quick questions. If you would like to sit down for a formal conference, please see me to book a time for next week or after spring break. Report cards will be sent via FreshGrade by March 16th.
  • Monday is our skating field trip. The bus leaves Lochside at 12:15pm and returns by 2:30pm. We are at Panorama on the ice from 1:00-1:50pm. Thank you to those parents who have offered to join us either at the rink, or joining us on the bus. I appreciate the time you are taking to join us! Remember to bring:
    • helmet
    • one type of fruit cut up so we can add it to our Friendship Salad in the morning and bring to the rink for a mid-skate break
    • skates if you are bringing your own
    • hockey sticks if you'd like (We will have a small portion of the rink set aside for some gentle shinny hockey, supervised by some adults)
  • We have space in the computer lab in the morning for Reflex Math. If your child could use some extra practice, our lab is open at 8:00am every morning and is supervised by an EA. Let me know if your child would like to use this time to practice their facts and I can put their name on the list. 

Spelling

• No spelling this week due to our special French activities and getting ready for our Open House.

Reading/Writing Studio

• Students are finishing up their trio of writing forms to complete their tic-tac-toe from this term.

Math

• This week we continue division by looking at long and short division.

Gym

• Games Week continues!