The kick-off for our Walking Wheeling Wednesdays is this Wednesday, September 11th.
Do you live far away and require a vehicle to drive your children to school? Or do you already bike, scooter and walk to school? Why not join us at one of our three designated meeting places on the morning of September 11th at 8:15 a.m. We will have parents and staff to meet with families at these three locations and the groups will proceed together to walk or wheel to the school. Meet at 8:15 a.m. at one of these sites:
* The Baptist Church on 898 Royal Oak Drive, Parking Lot - Joan O'Leary, Vice-Principal
* McMinn Park at Maplegrove St. and Lochside Dr., Parking Lot - Jeff Rafuse, Lochside Parent
* Emily Carr Park on Emily Carr Drive - Joe Grewal, Principal
At the school we will have greeters with stamps for the kids as they arrive. This is a fun way to remind parents and kids that there are alternative ways to travel to school. We look forward to seeing you all out there.
** Please remember helmets for those that are scootering or biking! **
Morning Watch is a PAC run initiative that ensures children who commute to school without their parents make it to school safely and attendance lists are checked first thing. It is time to sign up for Morning Watch. Print out the attached form or pick up a copy from the office. Please return to the office by Friday, September 13th. Morning Watch will begin on September 16th. If your child travels to school on his/her own after this point, registration will be ongoing and his/her name can be added to the list. If you have questions regarding Morning Watch, please email Mark at email@example.com. A big thank you to Mark for continuing to organize this important program for our school and to all of our Morning Watch volunteers!
LEPAC is looking for class reps! Please sign up on the sheets posted outside your child's class or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
* Entertainment Books and information went home to all students on Friday. Thank you for supporting this LEPAC fundraiser!
* Popcorn sign-up sheets also went home Friday with Entertainment Book packages on a green sheet of paper.
* Please send money sealed and labelled in an envelope back to your child's teacher.