PAC News

URGENT - SCHOOL CLOSURE DUE TO WATER MAIN BURST

Picture of Lochside PAC
URGENT - SCHOOL CLOSURE DUE TO WATER MAIN BURST
by Lochside PAC - Saturday, 13 January 2024, 8:45 PM

We're passing along this urgent information about school closure on Monday and Tuesday, January 15/16... Please see below and stay safe!

Good evening Lochside Community,

I hope this email finds you all safe and warm.

I am emailing to inform families that the water line to the school (closest to Royal Oak Drive/rocks play area) has burst due to the severe cold weather. This is the main water source to our property (school building and LASP portables). Our District Facilities team has been working extensively to locate the needed materials to repair the pipe. However, none are available locally, and therefore must be ordered.

We wanted to give families as much notice as possible to arrange for childcare; the school will be closed on Monday, January 15 and Tuesday, January 16, as the property will be without water - deeming the building not acceptable to have students due to Health & Safety Regulations (bathrooms, handwashing, water fountains etc are not accesible).

We anticipate that the school will re-open on Wednesday, January 17th, but we will need to assess this further on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Please stay connected to your email and the school website for the most to date information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your support as we navigate this unfortunate situation.

Please email me if you have any questions. Stay safe and warm.

With gratitude,

Helena