News forum

Friday, June 19, 2020

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Friday, June 19, 2020
by Sherisse Norris - Friday, 19 June 2020, 3:07 PM

Hello Div.18 families! Here we are heading into our final week already. Have a look at the information below:

• No MS Teams chats next week. I have thoroughly enjoyed these! Thank you for participating over the past few months.

• Weekly Learning Opportunities look a little different this week. There is no work to hand-in, just some ideas to continue learning over the summer break. Thank you for engaging during the remote learning. I truly enjoyed receiving your work and seeing what you were learning at home.

• FreshGrade Message: 

• To all FreshGrade users (parents and staff) - 

• Recently FreshGrade has sent out advertisements to PACs as well as parents encouraging them to purchase a memory book for their child's year on FreshGrade. Please know that the district was not aware of this advertising campaign and is contacting the company about its approach. The memory book is neither supported nor endorsed by the Saanich School District. If you have any questions, please contact Carly Hunter at chunter@saanichschools.ca

• Grade 5s: You will receive a grade 5 yearbook put together by parent volunteers. Please bring a cheque payable to SD63 in the amount of $12 (our preferred option for payment); or cash in a sealed envelope, clearly labelled with your child’s name and teacher. Students will be able to pick-up their yearbook along with their report card on their final day. We want everyone to have a copy so if this is a hardship for your family, please let me know and we'd be happy to cover the cost.

• Final Week: The final day of class for students has been adjusted to accommodate the current constraints with keeping numbers low as follows:

• Cohort 1 (Monday/Tuesday students): Tuesday, June 23rd

• Cohort 2 (Wednesday/Thursday students including ESW students): Wednesday, June 24th

• Remote Learners: Thursday, June 25th (Please come to our outside classroom door any time between 9-10am. If you are not able to come during this time let me know and we’ll work out another time to come)

• On their final day students will take home their report cards and any belongings they have in the classroom. It is a good idea to bring an empty backpack or cloth bag to take supplies home in.

• School Supplies List: I will post these in Google Classroom.

Have a great weekend and see you for our final days!

COPY MY MESSAGE, PASTE, AND TRANSLATE IT HERE: https://translate.google.com/