News forum

Monday, June 17, 2019

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, June 17, 2019
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 17 June 2019, 4:24 PM

Upcoming Reminders and/or Events:

• Thank you, parents, for helping us get ready for our bike trip today. It was a great day for a ride! Special thanks to the parents and grandparents who were able to join us. We couldn't have done it without you!
  • Our final trail walk is this week on Wednesday.
  • Grade 5 Yearbook orders are due on Wednesday.
  • Fun Day is on Thursday morning this year. Come prepared to spend the morning outside trying out a variety of activities with the Lochside community. Our giant Lizard slip 'n slide will be set-up so bring your bathing suit, towel, flip flops, and a change of dry clothes! Also bring your runners, hats, and sunscreen for that day.
  • Lochside's annual talent shows are this week. The schedules are posted around the school. If your child is participated, check and see which day they are on. The Talent Shows begin at 12:15pm on Thursday and Friday.
  • Next week is our final week of this school year - how did we get here already?!?! There are a lot of fun things happening - especially for our grade 5s - so please take note:
  • Tuesday, June 25th: Service assembly at 9:00am and Grade 5 BBQ lunch in the courtyard (we will also be sending home our supplies on this day so a large bag to help your child bring their school supplies home is needed on this day - a cloth grocery bag and their backpacks is usually enough)
  • Wednesday, June 26th - Grade 4/5s will be going to the pool for a swim in the afternoon. I will send home these permission forms tomorrow.
  • Thursday, June 27th - last day for students! We have our Farewell assembly to the grade 5s in the morning at 9:00am - plan to be there! It is a full regular day of school, but if you are planning to take your son/daughter home after the assembly, please let me know in advance so I can have everything ready to go. Report cards will be going home on this day.