News forum

Monday, June 19, 2017

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, June 19, 2017
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 19 June 2017, 3:20 PM

Only 9 more days together----where did the year go? Our regular schedule will be disrupted these last two weeks with lots of fun activities happening around the school. Please read the information below carefully and take note of special events.

Important Dates and/or Reminders

• Our bike trip to Michell's and back was so much fun today. Thank you parents for sending the bikes and money for ice cream. We loved it!
  • Trail Walk is on this week for Wednesday first thing in the morning. Feel free to join us!
  • Wednesday is also Aboriginal Day. We have a local First Nations storyteller, Toby Joseph, joining us to share some stories with us. In the afternoon we also have an author joining us.
  • Thursday morning is our FUN DAY! The field will be full of lots of fun activities for the children to try. The slip and slide will be out. Be sure to send a bathing suit, towel, and change of clothes if your child would like to slip 'n slide.
  • Our talent shows are on Thursday and Friday this week, starting at 12:15pm.
  • Our service assembly is on Tuesday, June 27th at 9am. Following the assembly will be the Grade 5 luncheon from 11am-noon in the courtyard.
  • Grade 4/5s will be swimming on the afternoon of Wednesday, June 28th. Permission forms will be going home this week.
  • Our last day for students is on Thursday, June 29th. We will be saying goodbye to our Grade Fives in our final assembly at 9am. If you will be taking your child home after the assembly, please let me know so I can have all their things ready to go.
  • Library books are due! Please return all school books to the library.
  • MOVING? If you are planning to move to another school for next year, or have a change of address or phone number, please contact the office so we have the most up-to-date info. Call: 250-658-5238
  • Looking for a summer tutor? Chris Chan is an elementary teacher in our district who has availability to tutor this summer. Send me an email if interested and I can pass along his contact information.