Front Page News

Welcome!

Picture of Joe Grewal
Welcome!
by Joe Grewal - Thursday, 6 September 2012, 11:13 AM

Welcome to a brand new school year! Students are now in their new classes and working with their teachers to get organized for the school year. It was a smooth start to the day with all of the students moving comfortably into their new classes. As I visited classes this morning I saw students happily engaged in learning activities in each classroom.

I would appreciate assistance from parents in two main areas: hallways and the parking lot. Our hallways can get extremely crowded during afternoon dismissal and it is difficult for everyone to move safely from one end of the school to another. If at all possible please arrange to meet your child outside. If you need to come in to pick-up your child please keep the hallways clear so that people can pass through in an efficient manner. It might also be helpful to leave strollers outside since they take up a lot of room.

As far as our parking lot goes please remember not to leave your car parked in the Drop Off lane. This impedes traffic flow and prevents the school bus from getting in and out of our parking lot. We have also had a few complaints from neighbours about cars blocking access through Lochside Drive.

Thank you for your cooperation. We are looking forward to a great school year!