PAC News

Home Alone Program H.A.P.P.Y

Picture of Lochside PAC
Home Alone Program H.A.P.P.Y
by Lochside PAC - Saturday, 29 February 2020, 10:38 PM

H.A.P.P.Y PROGRAM

Home Alone Program Preparing Youth!

Hi Lochside Elementary,

Students will be offered the HAPPY PROGRAM on March 12th after School from 3:00 to 5:30  

Child participating must be 9 years old and up.

I am providing you with some information about the H.A.P.P.Y Program.  My Name is Kathleen Lee, and I offer this program in Recreation Centers and Schools. 

The Program is designed for the modern Child who may need to spend more time on there own.  The before and after School time or occasional outings for Parents are dealt with when the Child is well prepared.  The Child will feel more confident and competent when they are not with an Adult.   The Child will now be H.A.P.P.Y a Home Alone Program Prepared Youth!

The Program focuses on:

Fire Safety:  Fire Prevention, Smoke Alarms, Cooking Safety, Emergency procedures.

Home Safety:  Kitchen Safety, Cooking, and preparing of foods, Responsibilities in the Kitchen, etc.

Emergency Procedures:  How and when to get help, 9-1-1, Poison Control, Emergency Contacts, etc.

First Aid:  Choking Procedures, Breathing Problems, Cuts and Bleeding, Burns, Poisoning, Broken Bones, etc.

Stranger Safety:  Walking to and from home, safe places and how to get help, how to deal with phone calls, door safety, and other safety tips, focusing on that the Child is #1 in keeping themselves safe.

This program does not Certify or give The Child Qualification to be Home Alone.  It is up to the Parent/s or Guardian to decide on the maturity level of their Child, and whether they should be left alone.

The Child will come home with a booklet and information for parents/guardian regarding this program.  For this program to be successful the    Parent/s Guardians need to go through the material with them.

The program cost is $20.00 the price of this program is $37.00 at Recreation centers.  Thanks 

If you would like any more information I would be more than happy to help you. You can contact me at homealoneprogram@telus.net.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Lee

HAPPY PROGRAM

If you would like to your Child to attend please fill out below and return to School by March 11 th with payment of cash or make cheque out to Lochside Elementary Pac. Thank you.

Childs name: _______________________________________________ Age: __________________________________

Parent/Guardian name: ____________________________________________________ Phone__________________