Thank you to Kirsty and Christie for organizing fun lunch this past Friday. We also want to thank each parent who came to help distribute to each classroom and clean up. We were short a few parent volunteers and our parent community really stepped up. Thank you!!
Thank you to Alysha and Lynn Rae for organizing, popping and providing 432 students with their first popcorn day this past week! The kids always love the smell of popcorn in the morning to welcome to school!!!
We want to thank Liz for organizing the entertainment book fundraiser this year and for Krista for assisting with the collection of books and donations to LEPAC. What an amazing team!
Thank you to Amy and Megan for the many hours they organized the class reps and typed the class lists. Way to go
HALLOWEEN PARTY THIS THURSDAY!!!
Our annual Halloween party is this Thursday, October 24th from 5:30-8:00pm. $5 per person for admission, $2 and $5 raffle tickets and suggested donation of $5 per person for food which would include 1 hotdog or 1 pizza, chips and carrots. There will games, dancing, guest performance by the Island Hoppers and the cupcake walk. Cash only
1) URGENT NEED FOR HALLOWEEN PARTY VOLUNTEERS
Our annual Halloween party is next Thursday, October 24th. We have a committee that has spent many hours preparing for this amazing event but this event can only be successfully executed with volunteers from our parent community. Without parent volunteers, this event cannot happen.
We encourage all parents/guardians to click on the link below and sign up for a 1 hour shift. What a great way to feel apart of the community, spend time with family and hang out with friends!! We thank you in advance for supporting such a great event!
2)CUPCAKE DONATIONS NEEDED
Cupcakes will be part of the cupcake walk again at this year's Halloween party. We have always received a generous amount of cupcake donations from our parent community which is necessary for us to run the cupcake walk. You can buy cupcakes or make cupcakes to bring. We never turn away a cupcake!! This can be a fun project with your children as well!!! Please bring your 1 dozen cupcakes to the LEPAC kitchen on the morning of Thursday, October 24th between 8:00-10:30am.
3) We need help from parents to help decorate this week. All decorations are complete but we need assistance putting them up. Anyone who can spare an hour or 2 or more, please meet us on the stage after drop off on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday morning.
1) If you still have your entertainment book or would like to contribute a cash/check donation to LEPAC, please drop them off at the office with Kitlin, thank you!
2) Message from administration: To all Parent/Family Drivers:
WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!! OUR DREAM IS FOR STUDENTS TO ARRIVE AT SCHOOL SAFE AND SOUND AND THAT EACH FAMILY BEGINS THE DAY WITH OPTIMISM AND A SENSE OF CONFIDENCE.
THAT IS AT RISK IF DRIVERS ARE RUSHING AND CREATING UNSAFE CONDITIONS IN OUR PARKING LOT.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- park and leave your car in the drive through lane
- allow your children to exit/enter your car across a lane of traffic
- stop at the yellow line (NO PARKING ZONE) as you enter the parking lot to drop off or pick up your child
WE ASK THAT YOU:
- drive to 5 - and walk the rest of the way; many children grades 2 and up can safely use the cross walk independently
- consider parking NORTH of the traffic lights on Lochside, use the crosswalk, and then return to your car
- allow extra time in the morning so you are not pressured and in a rush; consider arriving by 8:25 in the morning
- stay with your car at all times when in the drive-through and drop-off lanes - kids should be ready with their backpacks to say a quick good-bye
- pull forward as far as you can - don't simply stop at the front entrance doors.
October 24 - Photo Retake Day
October 24 - Halloween Dance
October 25 - Non Instructional Day
October 31 - Wacky Hair Day
November 1 - Fun Lunch (we always need parents to help hand it out! Let your class rep know if you can help)
Thrifty Foods Smile Card - Please note that your Thrifty cards are not currently active but please keep them handy. We will let you know when the account is active again so we can start earning money again for our school. For those new to the school or who have misplaced their cards, we will have new ones available soon
Country Grocer - Save-A-Tape
SPUD Fundraiser: https://www.spud.ca/catalogue/FundRaising.cfm?LID=1