TO ALL PARENT/FAMILY DRIVERS:
WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!! OUR DREAM IS FOR STUDENTS TO ARRIVE AT SCHOOL SAFE AND SOUND AND THAT EACH FAMILY BEGINS THE DAY WITH OPTIMISM AND A SENSE OF CONFIDENCE.
THAT IS AT RISK IF DRIVERS ARE RUSHING AND CREATING UNSAFE CONDITIONS IN OUR PARKING LOT.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- park and leave your car in the drive through lane
- allow your children to exit/enter your car across a lane of traffic
- stop at the yellow line (NO PARKING ZONE) as you enter the parking lot to drop off or pick up your child
WE ASK THAT YOU:
- drive to 5 - and walk the rest of the way; many children grades 2 and up can safely use the cross walk independently
- consider parking NORTH of the traffic lights on Lochside, use the crosswalk, and then return to your car
- allow extra time in the morning so you are not pressured and in a rush; consider arriving by 8:25 in the morning
- stay with your car at all times when in the drive-through and drop-off lanes - kids should be ready with their backpacks to say a quick good-bye
- pull forward as far as you can - don't simply stop at the front entrance doors