Welcome to winter storms. While we do not yet have Sangha fully operational we are hoping to get it live this afternoon to send a message out to all parents/guardians about the wind storms and power outages.
I am anticipating that BCHydro will not be sending crews out until the high winds end – and that’s not likely until later tonight. There is a very real possibility that power could be out until tomorrow. If that is the case, we will be re-evaluating if some schools will open tomorrow. This will be decided in the morning.
In the interim, District Office will be using Sangha to push out a message to all parents this afternoon asking them to contact our website for school closure information – especially if power is down all night. If our website is also down they should be checking with the local news media.
Superintendent & CEO, Saanich Schools
2125 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton, BC V8M 2A5
(W) 250.652.7332 (C) 250.812.2156