Halloween Dance Thank You’s
LEPAC would like to thank everyone who came to Lochside's big Halloween dance this past week! All the children had fun dancing, playing games, and of course, eating a cupcake or two!!!
It was wonderful to see over 600 Lochside students and families socializing as well as supporting our community.
With such a big event, it is important to understand how much support and how many volunteers it takes to make it a successful night. LEPAC would like to thank the following:
1) All families who donated cupcakes for the cupcake walk. They were delicious!!!!
2) All volunteers (60 people!!!) who signed up for shifts that night which included food, admission, games, cupcake walk and clean up
3) 34 student volunteers from Claremont and ROMS who ran all the games and prizes
4) Teachers and Administration for providing their space, time, supplies setting up tables/chairs and the student's art work. The creatures were amazing!!!!!
5) The ZONE and DJ Jade for donating their time and equipment
6) Dansko for their dance performance
7) Will for his DJ expertise!
We would also like to thank the following people on the Halloween committee who organized the entire event from games, cupcake walk, decorating, food, entertainment and coordinating volunteers:
Kirsty H, Barry K, Heather R, Heather C, Heather G, Jeni N, Jenn T, Courtney W, Marissa C, Alysha B, Shannon A, Krista H, Lisa E, Nicole P, Becki E, Irene E, Megan C, Nicole W, Anita G, Cheryl H, Chelsea M, Jane W, Melissa J, Lynn H, Sarah D, Jen M.
Thanks to all the parents who helped out running BOKS this fall and for all their hard work.
School Travel Survey - One week left!
As part of Lochside Elementary’s participation in the Active and Safe Routes to School program, an on-line survey is available until Friday, October 27. We want to know what street improvements would support active transportation, and the preferred routes for students to walk and bike to school.
To complete the survey go to: lochside.metroquest.ca. It will take less than 10 minutes to finish. One survey per family is all that’s required.
If you have any questions, contact Kate Berniaz, Active Transportation Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Photo Retake Day – Wednesday October 25th
Ready Set Learn – Wednesday October 25th
Fun Lunch – Friday October 27th
Have a wonderful week!