News forum

Monday, May 15, 2017

Picture of Sherisse Norris
Monday, May 15, 2017
by Sherisse Norris - Monday, 15 May 2017, 3:59 PM

Important Dates and/or Reminders:

• Camp Thunderbird is coming up NEXT WEEK for the Grade 5s. Reminder that we are leaving Wednesday morning, May 24th and return to Lochside at 1:30pm on Friday, May 26th. Please note the early pick-up time for Grade 5s.
  • Camp Lochside is NEXT WEEK for Grade 4s. Permission forms and $12.00 need to be in this week. Please let me know if you have any questions.
  • Trail walk is on Wednesday this week. Sign up here if you'd like to join us.
  • Last day for the Giant Scholastic 50% off book sale is tomorrow (Tuesday).
  • Our class Scholastic orders will be going home this week...after we use them for a math assignment!
  • We have space in the computer lab in the morning for Reflex Math. If your child could use some extra practice, our lab is open at 8:00am every morning and is supervised by an EA. Let me know if your child would like to use this time to practice their facts and I can put their name on the list. 
  • MOVING? If you are planning to move to another school for next year, or have a change of address or phone number, please contact the office so we have the most up-to-date info. Call: 250-658-5238

Reading Studio

• Students are continuing their Matchbook Summary assignment. We made a goal to finish by the end of May or first week of June. Depending on the size of book your child chose, they may need to do some reading and summaries at home to stay on top of their work.

Math

• This week we will finish time and look at money next.

Science

• We have started a new topic, simple machines. We will be learning about inclined planes, wheels and axles, wedges, levers, pulleys, and screws.

Gym

• This week is a games week outside!

Music

• We are having our third week with ukuleles. We will be learning the 12 chord blues and practising switching from C, F, and G.